Simple chicken chowmein. This chow mein is just like what you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant! It's made with tender noodles, fresh sauteed veggies, lean chicken, and a simple savory sauce. Think Pak Choi, Kai Lan and classic Chinese flavours in this quintessential Chicken Chow Mein.
It is much less greasy than Chinese takeout! You can also customize this recipe by substituting your favorite protein and vegetables. Chow Mein noodles give this recipe a nice crunch. You can have Simple chicken chowmein using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple chicken chowmein
- Prepare 1 lb of noodles*.
- You need 1 lb of chicken boneless sliced into1/2-inch thick strips.
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced celery (3 stalks).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 cups of thinly sliced green cabbage.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of matchstick carrots.
- You need 2/3 cup of chopped green onions.
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced ginger.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of low-sodium soy sauce,.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
Good simple and tasty recipe will definitely uaebagain m. This chicken Chow Mein recipe is actually inspired by Marc's from No Recipes. I changed some of the ingredients like adding hoisin sauce and omitting the potato starch and Shaoxing wine. The truth is I do not have both so I thought I would improvise.
Simple chicken chowmein step by step
- Prepare noodles according to directions on package. In a bowl whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and sesame oil, set aside. Heat oil in a wok or large and deep non-stick skillet over moderately high heat..
- Add chicken (working to leave a little space between pieces so they'll brown) and cook 3 – 4 minutes, turn and continue to cook until cooked through, about 2 – 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate or sheet of foil. Reduce heat slightly add remaining 1 Tbsp oil in skillet, add celery and saute 3 minutes..
- Add cabbage and saute 2 minutes, then add carrots, green onions, garlic and ginger and saute 1 – 2 minutes longer, until veggies are all crisp tender..
- Toss in noodles and chicken then pour soy sauce mixture over top and toss to coat. Serve warm..
Chow Mein is usually relegated to being a side dish, but my fresh take on these classic The Protein. I used chicken tenders for my Chow Mein, but chicken breast will work as The process is simple, you simply add the sliced chicken into a bowl with some salt. Guyanese Style Chicken Chowmein brings together chowmein noodles, vegetables and Guyanese Style Chicken Chowmein is a favorite in my family. Today's post will include a short history lesson or. Homemade Chicken Chow Mein stir-fried Chinese noodles.