Chicken Verde Enchiladas. Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verde Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verde. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Shred the meat with a fork or knife.
Salsa verde is a green tomatillo salsa made with garlic, onion and peppers. You can make it yourself (see our homemade salsa verde recipe) or buy it from the store. Look for a salsa with medium heat. You can have Chicken Verde Enchiladas using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Verde Enchiladas
- Prepare 5 lbs of chicken thighs (you will need to pre-cook and shred).
- It’s 2.5 cups of mild salsa verde.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Salsa Jalapena.
- You need 5 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 2-7 oz. of Cans roasted green chilis(drain first).
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro chopped (3/4 cup).
- Prepare 10 of oz.can (minimum) enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 of lime (juice from).
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sour cream.
- It’s 24 of corn tortillas(pkg. of 30).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
After frying the tortillas and dipping in salsa verde, I filled with sour cream, the chicken, some onions and the cheese. Traditional Mexican green chicken enchiladas, made lighter than the typical restaurant dish served throughout the US. These are made with white corn tortillas, poached chicken breasts and a light coating of queso fresco, this dish is satisfying but won't weigh you down – SO good!! Build enchiladas: put about ¼ cup chicken mixture in center of tortilla, roll it up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
Chicken Verde Enchiladas step by step
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute minced garlic for 1 minute..
- Stir in the salsa verde and salsa jalapena. Then heat thoroughly..
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream and most of the cilantro saving a little for garnish..
- Taste. Add salt, pepper, or even more sour cream if sauce is too spicy..
- Set aside 2 cups of the sauce to use when assembling the enchiladas..
- Squeeze the juice of the lime all over the shredded chicken..
- Stir in shredded chicken and half of the cheese to main portion of the sauce..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 13×9 in. baking pans with cooking oil and spread half of the reserved sauce (minus chicken) in each baking pan..
- Put a portion of chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll, placing them in the pan side by side. (I quickly dip each tortilla in boiling water before rolling so they don't break).
- You will end up with 2 full pans of enchiladas. (Approximately 24 total).
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas and add cheese to the top. I prefer jack cheese, but use what you like..
- Cover pans with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes..
- Then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes..
- Serve with cilantro on top..
- I make spanish rice and beans to compliment this meal..
- Link to my Spanish Rice recipe:.
- Spanish Rice: Https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/11008554-spanish-rice?invite_token=RQZWEVG5tfSCLZwZBzneUxT1&shared_at=1604947576.
Roll up the tortillas around the filling and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Arrange, seam-side down, in a single layer over the salsa mixture in the baking dish. Top the enchiladas with the remaining salsa mixture. It should be the texture of chicken salad. Divide the shredded chicken evenly among the tortillas and roll up each like a cigar.